The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know you're addicted to Avalon...

+19
Malix
Gigi
Amalia
Cecil
Thorongil
Danae
Serethipas
Einrich
Mazrackia
Dax
Mailen
illeism
Romago
Dante
Lord Pryrates
darklight
Catyrial
Maerad
Mysterin
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You know you're addicted to Avalon... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know you're addicted to Avalon...

Post  Mazrackia Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 pm

lol, priceless
Mazrackia
Mazrackia
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Whereabouts : Vermillion, SD
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

You know you're addicted to Avalon... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know you're addicted to Avalon...

Post  Thorongil Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Today I had to go to a grads and one of the guest speakers was talking about how out of all the precious stones in the world the flint stone was the most valuable as it made fire. As soon as she mentioned this I started thinking how much the com stores sold flint for and aslo that I had not looked at the quarry in the last few days.
Thorongil
Thorongil
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 143
Whereabouts : Ireland
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorongil Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Today I went into the bb so I could go get a bite to eat and when I was in the kitchen my 5 year old son hit me and for a split second I thought, how is he hitting me when Im on dp.
Thorongil
Thorongil
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:43 pm

Laughing

that just made me laugh out loud, for real!
Danae
Danae
Commoner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 am

When sometimes I think about fisticuffs moves in real life, like using Hammerfist in a boxing match or a street fight. Fullparry to block incoming punches!

When in history class when you learn about Erasmus and his ideas before the Protestant Reformation, you think of the poison that has phobias varying profession to profession.

When I play Avalon during Spanish class in the computer lab.

When you have dreams about avalon (yes I know this is common) I had a dream that I had Ult swordplay and upped my generals and killed Catyrial and everybody else and became #1 in the land. Wheeee (Obviously a delusional dream, she always has too much bloodlust)

When you play avalon even when it is glitchy as hell. (Probably makes it more fun)

When you feel like asking the Health teacher (during lectures about how bad smoking is, ect) if it is okay to smoke Megillos, Malloran and Arkasu in real life.

When you read the niceboard forum too much

When you get so worked up after riding the ship of death you curse way more then appropiate and sometimes get up and want to go punch something. (I have ridden the ship a lot)

When you spend hours unlocking somebody's house's door, to find there is nothing there (Cabe)

When your longswords go past 1k trueslays from monk bashing way too much.

Hm, I came up with more then I expected. This is all I can think of.
Cecil
Cecil
Commoner

Number of posts : 17
Whereabouts : usually planet Earth
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://kainhighwind19.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amalia Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 pm

When you post 11 things all at once that you do......Wink
Amalia
Amalia
Commoner

Number of posts : 16
Whereabouts : Eastern USA
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigi Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Hay. Well I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Found this forum while google-ing "Athillias"...and I know I'm addicted to avalon 'cuz I almost typed "grin" just now xD

Anywho, yes it's hard to revert back to the world of smileys, txt-talk, 1337 5p34k >.< and spoken words, of course.

And you know you're addicted to avalon when you type "sleep" at 1 am instead of actually going to sleep (and sometimes even feeling better afterwards!)

You're also addicted to avalon when one of your family members comes into your room every hour or so and exclaims, "You're STILL playing that!?"

And now I'll go to sleep...
Gnight!

-sleep
Gigi
Gigi
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Malix Sat May 09, 2009 11:34 pm

ahem *clears throat*

you know you're addicted to avalon when you left the bloody place years ago and find yourself right back where you started...just when i think im out it just pulls me back in...

(btw hi all!)

Malix
Peasant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynessa Wed May 20, 2009 12:15 pm

when you say bah! and arrgh when something happens outside the game.
when your boyfriend tells you to portal back to reality
when every time you see a glass of kool aid it reminds you of potion
when people annoy you , you imagine light arcing them
Lynessa
Lynessa
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 47
Whereabouts : Consort Way, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethipas Sun May 24, 2009 5:02 pm

when you still check these boards after not playing for 2 years, as well as reading old logs of 1v5ing the whole city of Parrius before Pryrates gets out of bb

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodhin Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Catyrial wrote:*When you start spelling words the British way. i.e. favour instead of favor.

You know, I actually did this in a draft of an academic paper. I wrote "valour" for "valor" and my advisor caught the error, redlining it with a ?
Bodhin
Bodhin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 116
Whereabouts : Leaf Lane, Parrius
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:29 pm

- You use a macro for "who" and then when talking to someone else on a messenger outside of Avalon you press the macro... (this was actually Pryrates... he did it talking to me so at least I understood WTF he was talking about) LOL
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynessa Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 pm

ok this just happened! My friend calls me, and says someone has stolen his bike off his porch. Before thinking I reply well you should have have runed it! he was like wtf are you talking about lol. Duh lol!
Lynessa
Lynessa
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 47
Whereabouts : Consort Way, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm

LOL, nice one!
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorongil Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Excellent. Should have asked if he had the item number so you could locate it for him.
Thorongil
Thorongil
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Leona Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 pm

I think I'm starting to show beginning symptoms, I know on that on the way to class I almost said Bah! to my mom.

I remember thinking when I was annoyed with my sister, "Damn I wish I learned thrust-kick right now" Twisted Evil

I know I have to write physical notes and leave them where I can see them, because all the space in my brain meats is used trying to remember where the river bandits are.

And when I was too lazy to walk to the trash can and missed after chucking it, I thought "I wonder if Dearon could teach me how to throw" Rolling Eyes

*grin*
Dammit! Did it again....
Leona
Leona
Commoner

Number of posts : 18
Whereabouts : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Amalia Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Loved Rannara's post!! Still has me laughing!!!

Yeah...so mine is basically the same as Malix's.....keeping leaving and then for some unknown reason I keep coming back....I think G-man put runes on all of us
Amalia
Amalia
Commoner

Number of posts : 16
Whereabouts : Eastern USA
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodhin Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:09 am

My son wanted one of his teeny finger puppets. It could have been in any of a thousand locations but there was nothing else we wanted. Had to find it.

And I caught myself wishing I could starbeam it. "What's the frikkin' item number?"
Bodhin
Bodhin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 116
Whereabouts : Leaf Lane, Parrius
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

You know you're addicted to Avalon... - Page 2 Empty STILL ADDICTED

Post  Cylanthia Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

Today while trying to send an email, i wrote "guild" instead of "guide"
When signing the email... I wrote "Thaks" instead of "Thanks"

Just on automatic pilot. Very Happy

At least I've only once typed "who" in my work IM. Had to fix that up real quick with a "who... has an extra coffee cup"
*dismay* Embarassed
Cylanthia
Cylanthia
Peasant

Number of posts : 7
Whereabouts : Seattle, WA (USA)
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethipas Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm

When you suffer from Avalon nostalgia so badly that you reread this thread, knowing at the end of the 3rd page there is nothing new.

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2