The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find about about Avalon?

+5
Leona
Moonflight
Gigi
Mazrackia
Mysterin
9 posters

Go down

How did you find about about Avalon? Empty How did you find about about Avalon?

Post  Mysterin Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Just wondering how everyone else came to Avalon...

Some number of years ago I think I googled something like "Text Based RPG Game" and came across Legends. After a couple years I migrated to First Age, which I've enjoyed quite a bit more.
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

How did you find about about Avalon? Empty Re: How did you find about about Avalon?

Post  Mazrackia Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:30 pm

I was much the same way. When i was about 12-14 years old i found a great game. When I started searching for it again is when i found FA. I realized at once that this wasn't that land i was originally looking for and finding out that it costed money i damn near left on the spot. However, i realized that this land had a great deal of promise and decided that the cost was worth it.

well, that was my story and some.
Mazrackia
Mazrackia
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Whereabouts : Vermillion, SD
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

How did you find about about Avalon? Empty Re: How did you find about about Avalon?

Post  Gigi Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:45 pm

My brother and I always played the latest 3D FPS and MMORPGS we could, but I started to find that these, while visually stimulating, were rather lacking in content. I started to backpedal, and went from 3D to 2D, DOS games that made up for their lack of visuals with content. I found a singleplayer text-based RPG and greatly enjoyed it, so I, just like Mysterin, googled "text-based RPG" and came across Legends. I was redirected to FirstAge from there. Curiosity lead me to try out other MUDs as well (since I didn't know what they were 'supposed' to be like), but I have yet to find a game as good as FA Smile
Gigi
Gigi
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonflight Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:11 pm

I was having a moment of nostalgia, looking for the old text based adventure games I played when I was young (yes, I was a geek, and yes I still am one tongue . Now I also feel like a very old geek... *Le sigh*). So anyways, Google gave me Legends (go figure), but soon found the 'pay to play' bit on the website, was not impressed, so I kept looking. Not long after, I found FA with no 'pay to play' bit, so thought I'd give it a go. Fell in love, got annoyed when I found out I had to pay for this one too, but by that time, I was hooked - dammit!
Moonflight
Moonflight
Commoner

Number of posts : 20
Whereabouts : England
Registration date : 2009-04-08

http://www.joyce-webb.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leona Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Mine is a weird combination of what's already posted, I was bored back when I only had one class, and decided to try playing some games. I started by google-ing zombie games and found this pretty cool game, after that I looked up text based games and found avalon. I was hooked. Oh by the way, I don't even bother logging back into the zombie game since I'm sure the zombies have broken down the barricades and eaten my brain. geek
Leona
Leona
Commoner

Number of posts : 18
Whereabouts : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  amun Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:15 pm

this may be redundent. but yeah....google directed me to FA but not to legends because, cheap bastard i am, i typed in Free texted based rpgs, because originally i was playing runescape , gay i know, and i wanted soemthing to sooth my D&D side i wanted to roleplay...atleast alittle

amun
Peasant

Number of posts : 4
Whereabouts : New York, New Yooooooooooooooork
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakralay Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 am

Same as others, googled "txt rpg" and found it. Got hooked withing a few hours, mainly due to, I think, the kool people like Amalia who put up with me at the start Smile
Shakralay
Shakralay
Commoner

Whereabouts : Wherever the gold is.
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Borrak Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:17 am

I was sitting in Africa bored out of my mind and started googling online games, I found FA and was hooked haha.

Borrak
Baron (Parrius)

Whereabouts : NC
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodhin Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 pm

In 2007 (I think) I did not have a whole lot to do with myself and had been reminiscing about the text-based adventure games from Microsoft I had played as a kid -- ZORK and the subsequent games in that genre. I wondered if there were still games like that, maybe bigger and better ones, so I went searching around online. Ended up at the Avalon: Legends and played there for a while. Parts of it I found incredibly fun, and other parts were just as incredibly tedious. While playing there, I heard about First Age, and some people said that it was much simpler: not as much busywork to do, and not as heavily populated. I tried First Age and found I could focus more on the fun parts, so I retired my Legends character altogether and, with a couple of sabbaticals, I've been a First-Ager ever since.
Bodhin
Bodhin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 116
Whereabouts : Leaf Lane, Parrius
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down