The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Quizzes

+4
Mysterin
Kalimantra
Dante
Catyrial
8 posters

Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Random Quizzes

Post  Catyrial Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey guys, I still exist. Really. But since I'm never around with any certainty of not being disconnected, and I still love FA too much... Hopefully this idea will work.

I want to run random short quizzes here, whenever I have the time and access to internet. Prizes will be given in game, if not by me, then by a friendly deity (thank you). Quiz questions will all be Avalon related, and will work this way: Whomever sends the most correct answers to me first, via messages on this forum, within three days of posting the quiz, wins. DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS. I'll slap. Hard. Very Happy

Anyone who is not active in FA is welcome to answer the questions too, but prizes won't be given. Dante, Serethipas, Maud, sorry! Anyone else who should be on that list, you probably know who you are. So, I'll try to post my first few questions tomorrow or later tonight. I run on USA Pacific time, so tonight might be tomorrow for some of you. Silly Brits. Razz
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 46
Whereabouts : Thakria
Registration date : 2007-03-31

http://www.freewebs.com/catyrial/

Back to top Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Quiz 1

Post  Catyrial Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:10 am

First Quiz!

Quick rules:
1. Send your answers to me in a message.
2. There is a point system in case no one gets them all right. Points are noted after each question.
3. DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS.
4. If you doubt my answers or my wording, send that with your message.
5. The person who sends all the right answers or the most right answers first (all takes priority), wins.
6. Refer to #3.

Quiz ends Monday, at midnight, my time (USA Pacific). And before I forget, the prize for this first quiz will be: 1000 gold, 25 athillias, 25 megillos, 25 malloran, 5 silver.

To save space, I'm posting the answers with the original quiz.

1. What were the original cities? (2 points) Ilmarael and Pagea.

2. In which village is the old Library of Pagea currently located? (2 points) Krempton.

3. Name the three novice tutors, one from each major city. (3 points) Sevenius, Walrus, Pandion.

4. Which of the current three major cities is the oldest? (2 points) Mercinae.

5. Give the name of the priest who performs the ritual of light and the village in which he resides. (2 points) Telamon, and he is in Greeny's Edge.

6. Who's Mavern (his occupation, his 'title', whatever) and what task does he give if you meet him? (3 points) He is the King of Thieves, he is rogue, showman and alchemist in the bar in Springtown. He asks you to play a game, cost is 50 gold. Name of the game is "Fatal find the Queen".

7. Name four afflictions that arkasu cures. (4 points) Quixotism, rabies, vertigo, ill fortune, clumsiness, confusion, erasmus poisoning.

8. Give two abilities anyone can do after using sata. (2 points) Barge, roll, block.

9. Which CCC wants the painting of Avalon, from a quest in Thaumacie? Name what this CCC gives to you in this quest. (2 points) The old woman weaver of Mercinae, she paints another painting.

10. Give three quests that feed you. (3 points) Melting of snowfoot, orb of Eleusis to Iorwenn, miller's stone [Cerebrum], salt the rotted meat in Thaumacie, kill the rat in Thaumacie and give it to a dwarf cook, Animists can lead Kayen to the Eoses.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Re: Random Quizzes

Post  Dante Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:31 pm

Bah Humbug!

I know for sure 8 of the answers, got a feeling on the 9th (Q2). Dunno one about the Painting one.... Anyone want to swap answers PM me.

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 120
Whereabouts : England
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Quiz Winner

Post  Catyrial Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:31 am

The winner of my first quiz is the team of Xyris and Kalimantra, with 22 points. Congrats! You guys can split the prize as you like. I'll be posting another quiz sometime soon, hopefully.

Don't be shy, people, participate! I realize these questions probably take more time than normal in-game quizzes, and might take some work to find the answers too. I'll probably be upping the prizes (and anyone who wants to contribute to the prizes can, like the 'pot'), but also changing the rules. To win the full prize, you must answer the quiz perfectly. Otherwise, the winner will get a secondary prize.
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalimantra Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks Catyrial, for all your wonderfully challenging questions... that was great fun and a great way for us newer players to leanrn and put into context many of the why's and how's of our lands. Thanks also to Xyris. it was a fun way to learn the lands together!
Kalimantra
Kalimantra
Commoner

Number of posts : 13
Whereabouts : mercinae
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:39 pm

this is an awesome idea, i'll be checking in more often Smile
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xyris Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:32 pm

This was great fun... and we did learn from it. Looking forword to seeing more of these Catyrial!
Xyris
Xyris
Peasant

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevaeh Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:00 am

Melting snowfoot feeds you? How'd I miss this?
Nevaeh
Nevaeh
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 48
Whereabouts : Western United States
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Catyrial Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 pm

Nevaeh wrote:Melting snowfoot feeds you? How'd I miss this?

I took Dante at his word for that one, the Eleusis orb I actually tried. So that could be wrong. *shrug*
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Quiz 2

Post  Catyrial Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Quiz 2

Rules one more time:
1. Send a message to me with your answers, don't post them.
2. The first to get all the questions correct gets the full prize. Otherwise, whomever gets the most points will get a secondary prize.
3. Complaints/questions? Ask me in-game, in-post, in-message, etc.

Full prize: 2000 gold; 50 of three types of the following herbs (winner's choice) - megillos, , athillias, tyrlar, malloran... name one and I'll see if I have it; 5 of two commodities (silver, rope, wood, glass, essence)
Secondary: 1500 gold, 50 of two types of the same list of herbs, 5 of one type of the same list of commodities.

Also, if anyone wants to take over for me and post your own quiz here, feel free. I won't be giving the prize in that case, but I'll add to the prize if there is one. Post or send me prize suggestions too, if you want.

This quiz ends on Saturday at 5pm my time, which is the same hour I posted this, about.

11. Describe three things you can do with the black orchids found around Avalon. (3 points) Give them to the nymph in Park Elienna and it'll be returned as a golden orchid. You can then give this to the Princess Herabia of Thakria or Orestes the Seer.

12. Where is Domaphcles located and where can he bring you? (2 points) Domaphcles is in the bar in Eleusis. He rows to the island of Alessandria.

13. How do you obtain the mantle of the eoses? (2 points) Place the emerald from the pouch quest and the moonstone guarded by Charridis on the altar located with Cormellon. A female eoses will give you the mantle.

14. What colour are Iorwenn's cheeks? (1 point) Purple.

15. Name four currently mortally accessible areas where you disappear from the mainland 'who' list. (4 points) Genesis' temple, Bezejeth, Azrili, Labyrinth to Azrili, Sapience.

16. How many riddles does Mallibett have? I'll give a point to the closest number if no one gets it. (2 points) 10 riddles

17. Name as many of Mallibett's riddle answers as you can. I won't give away all the answers unless you all get them. (X points, one for each answer) furglewort, corn, Ribald, Astrea, moon, pouch, bedillam, river, time, Marianina

18. What herb or poison has this description: "Invisible to all but the most perceptive, a green-red algae grows under the cover of the snow"? (2 points) Gylvir.

19. What herb or poison has this description: "A small plant of purple waves about in the shadows."? (2 points) Arkasu.

20. What herb or poison has this description: "Nearly hidden under a rock beneath a cloud of air bubbles is a small white clam."? (2 points) Jitsu.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  illeism Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:53 am

yay, i'll answer this one!
especially the herb and poison ones.
illeism
illeism
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Dante Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Yay, I can actually win this one. If I win (Bare in mind I can't check things in game so i'm doing it all from player sites and memory) I'll donate them to someone in game.

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Catyrial Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:40 am

Let's not be idiotic, people. Sure, if you have no idea and just want to be funny, feel free to answer in the silliest way possible. But don't insult me by playing with my wording. As in, Dante, I know that you know what I meant by these questions.

Dante's Answers:

11. Things you can do...
Pick them up, drop them,
(he gave two correct answers here), throw them at someone, attach a rune to them, offer them, collect them all, wield them and use it to bash people...... (I think this is a really bad question)

13. Kill the person who has done the eose quest
(he gave the quest here) and then pick it up. Or wait for said person to log off.

I will admit that some of my questions have, and will have, poor word choice. Unless you want me to write a novel per question (and even then), wording will always be somewhat questionable and twistable. I don't think it's hard to assume that with quest items comes a quest, Dante.

However, thank you Dante, for being the guinea pig for this. And no, Dante, you can't win this, or any of my quizzes in this section. And I will try to edit future questions for more clarity.

Another note, these quizzes are -not- meant for me to show off my knowledge of the land.
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dante Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:53 pm

I just think i'll point out that some people can't take a joke and have no sense of humour!

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  illeism Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:13 am

Dante wrote:I just think i'll point out that some people can't take a joke and have no sense of humour!

heh, i was shouting that the whole morning!
Parrians have no sense of humour!
illeism
illeism
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-02

Back to top Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Quiz 2 winner

Post  Catyrial Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Sorry I couldn't post earlier, useless internet of mine is ... well, useless. The winner of my second quiz is Mysterin, with 29 points! Good job!

Thanks for answering my quiz, all of you who did. The rest of you, come on! It's -not- cheating to go look for answers in-game, please do so!
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Curor Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:18 pm

ok guys im bored and im proposing a quiz of minuscule proportions....
5 questions and the prize is 1000 gold out of my own pocket.
take it if you dare!

1. who would win in a fight: Kurt Cobain or Tom Morello? (50 points)

2. who is Dr.Pepper?(a Dublin Dr.Pepper{500 points})

3. What Nordic god is my dog named after?(Valhalla[100 points] )

4. what kind of guitar does Harrold Krick buy? (Will Ferre[10 points])

5. what? (huh?[500000000000 points])

oh and points are given on the whos line scale where the points dont matter so good luck.
Curor
Curor
Commoner

Number of posts : 10
Whereabouts : TEXAS!!!
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Curor Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:21 pm

you hav till thursday to post your answers... the questions are so farout that you can post them on this page...
Curor
Curor
Commoner

Number of posts : 10
Whereabouts : TEXAS!!!
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Back to top Go down

Random Quizzes Empty Quizzes

Post  Catyrial Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:57 pm

A benevolent deity showed me that I could easily put these quizzes in game, on the bulletin board, instead of a formal in-game quiz. So, I'll be doing both - in game and here. My original thought was to try to liven up this forum some, but there tends to be more active people that will participate in-game. My in-game quizzes will be on the public bulletin board, of course.
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down