The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Stripping Triggers

Go down

Anti-Stripping Triggers Empty Anti-Stripping Triggers

Post  Dante Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:05 pm

These are triggers that you should modify to suit you that will help you protect against stripping. They can most likely be bypassed if the person is confident enough but important to know:

If you are off balance and regaining Equilibrium, you cannot be ordered about and therefore stripped. Getting fast enough and at fighting the other person so you maintain this state is the optimum.

First trigger idea you may want to use:
Trigger yourself to go deaf when you are
A) Ordered to do something.
B) Become hearing again.

You can become deaf with deaf rune, deaf potion, dyncalla (instant) and a few other methods.

You will most likely become hearing with febfendu, however the person stripping you will be most likely trying to catch you and your triggers out, bards especially.

I also have 2 alisaes I use:
deaf: sip deaf potion
bd: examine blind rune and deaf rune (runes loyal to someone else, you can't buy from stalls since will be loyal to you)

2nd trigger to consider:
Re-wearing and getting of removed and dropped items:

Pattern: ^You let an (%w) fall to the ground.
Reaction: g %1;wear %1;

Pattern: ^You let an (%w) (%w) fall to the ground.
Reaction: g %2;wear %2

Pattern: ^You remove a large back-pack.
Reaction: wear pack;g pack;wear pack

Pattern: ^You remove a hessian sack.
Reaction: wear sack;g sack;wear sack

Pattern: ^You let a* %2 %3 fall to the ground with a painful yelp.
Reaction: g %2;g %3

Pattern: ^You remove a* %1 %2 %3
Reaction: wear %1;wear %2;wear %3

Please note that when considering these triggers... they could be abused by others during a fight to make you drop pentacle, or drop alkar, or abused with sloth

I'll think of some more anti-stripping triggers later. Oh yeah, these are for use with ZMUD. Test them out first rather than taking my word for them... and modify them appropriately... I remember having all these reactions 3 times for use when afflicted with despair.

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 120
Whereabouts : England
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Anti-Stripping Triggers Empty Re: Anti-Stripping Triggers

Post  Dante Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:43 am

There are a few ways to be ordered:

Posession Demon (Sorcs)
Image will (Seers)
Voice (Bards)
Perparing the mind for orders (Shirolos, Compulsion, March etc)

To kill an attached possession demon - Eat shirolos, then use megillos to get rid of the shirolos effet (Deafness is not a defence)

Image will can't really be stopped, they require 10 bonds so kill em quick, Blackroot stops them using most their skills. (Deafness is not a defence)

Voice is stopped with deafness - You should always fight bards deaf and blind

Shirolos, Compulsion, March - When afflicted, cure with megillos, stay deaf to stop orders going through,
(shirolos is poison, kelventari when spitted, malloran when stabbed, usual defences)
(Compulsion is a charm - stopped with pent, web stops casting of items, ikirax for chanting)
(March - Bardic song, stop with deafness)

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 120
Whereabouts : England
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down