The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guildhouse

+3
Dante
Serethipas
Catyrial
7 posters

Go down

Guildhouse Empty Guildhouse

Post  Catyrial Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Some of us probably know about Theguildhouse.net. It was mainly a Legends forum, but it's Avalon nonetheless. Though theguildhouse.net is down now, some of their links still work.

This link provides skill lists. Most of Legends skills are complete, just ignore the Legends abilities...
http://www.theguildhouse.net/ewiki/index.php

This link provides various guides (fighting, quests, etc.) and more lists. The password has been public for some time now.
http://www.theguildhouse.net/avalon/newvault/fight/fight.html
Username: vault
Password: opendoor
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 46
Whereabouts : Thakria
Registration date : 2007-03-31

http://www.freewebs.com/catyrial/

Back to top Go down

Guildhouse Empty Re: Guildhouse

Post  Serethipas Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:59 am

i stopped reading here

Runeblades - A nice combination to use is FLASH, 4 WEAKEN runes, and a SLEEP rune last. This should take about 400 health from them, and put them to sleep. Don't forget that as a jab doesn't use equilibrium, you can brilliance at the same time .. if you manage to get a light arc in first, followed by the jab, and then a brilliance .. the foe is usually dead <chuckle>.

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dante Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:59 am

I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually work:

1. Only 1 rune hits at a time, they rotate.
2. You can't brilliance and jab at the same time (hard eq)
3. Ult swordplay and hand rune (when they are sighted) can do 400 if the opponant is big enough. (If they are small, splash poison potion, as a tip 230 damage)

4. Try lightarc hammerfist (they hit about the same time) then jab.. thats 70% damage from the lightarc and hammerfist, jab (with hand rune) should finish them off... (add stave to mix for extra damage/afflictions/fun)

Note: Serethipas spams emotes when someone alkars to set off your triggers (incase you use the armsmash alkar/hammerfist alkar or normal alkar). To get around this, web and use zahir to kill him due to his rediculous conquest for making us have to add more advanced settings to get around it. (Read up about Classes and T+ and T- for use with zmud).......
Alternatively, just delete your web trigger and add struggle to the beginning of main attacking macros, then gag the text.

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 120
Whereabouts : England
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethipas Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:20 pm

yes, less robots

the best is Adonis,who smokes 2 megillos,uses dynallca, and LR sparkling

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Maud Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:17 am

As a Legends player, the guildhouse was a trove of information and it's a shame to see it down. Few fan-based sites united players alike as the Guildhouse did. While browsing for sites to create a forum I stumbled upon yours. What a wonderful (php-based?) theme for a forum you have here. I particularily loved the banner image. Thank you for reminding me of the romance and adventure I once felt for a land many of us love.
Maud
Maud
Peasant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Hey Maud - its good to see you here, though I dunno if you'd remember me by the name of Lizzys from legends.

I was really bummed when the guildhouse went down, that was pretty much my last bit of connection with everyone I'd met through legends, and a great help - part of the reason we created these forums.
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maud Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:45 pm

Mysterin wrote:Hey Maud - its good to see you here, though I dunno if you'd remember me by the name of Lizzys from legends.

Hey Lizzys, sure I remember!! A mystic right? I don't think we travelled in the same social circles in Legends but the name definately rings a bell. Kudos on the site. What do you plan on doing with the "Legends" area of it?
Maud
Maud
Peasant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:22 pm

Yep, the mystical me grin.

Not sure about what will happen with the legends section, the forums are still fairly new and in development, obviously. I think it would be nice to see more legends players, then from there we can all come up for a few ideas with that section.
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethipas Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 am

Dante wrote:

Note: Serethipas spams emotes when someone alkars to set off your triggers (incase you use the armsmash alkar/hammerfist alkar or normal alkar). To get around this, web and use zahir to kill him due to his rediculous conquest for making us have to add more advanced settings to get around it. (Read up about Classes and T+ and T- for use with zmud).......
Alternatively, just delete your web trigger and add struggle to the beginning of main attacking macros, then gag the text.

A person who uses triggers relies on triggers. It isn't a convenience, but a crutch. If you remove or kick out that crutch, they collapse like a bad souffle.You will never become a good fighter if you rely on triggers. You'll only defeat fighters who are baffled by them. Every trigger has a way to be fooled and, short of writing an artificially intelligent MUD client, you're not going to profit by the use of triggers except in ensuring you stay mediocre.

and that dante, my friend...is what makes you the worst all-ulted fighter(other than cabe, he is a canadian) avalon has ever seen

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Back to top Go down

Guildhouse Empty Not all triggers are bad

Post  Telemachus Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:27 am

Actually Serethipas, triggers are a valid part of playing firstage. The greatest fighters make us of triggers, though mainly color triggers to distinguish from the normal. The combination of clever triggers, aliases, macros and the ability to improvise during a fight makes for the most challenging combat. From what I see, you just help the less adept at triggers to improve upon them. Pretty soon I wager that there won't be a single soul in firstage that won't be able to defeat you. Just food for thought!
Telemachus
Telemachus
God

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Back to top Go down

Guildhouse Empty Not all triggers are bad

Post  Telemachus Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:28 am

Actually Serethipas, triggers are a valid part of playing firstage. The greatest fighters make us of triggers, though mainly color triggers to distinguish from the normal. The combination of clever triggers, aliases, macros and the ability to improvise during a fight makes for the most challenging combat. From what I see, you just help the less adept at triggers to improve upon them. Pretty soon I wager that there won't be a single soul in firstage that won't be able to defeat you. Just food for thought!
Telemachus
Telemachus
God

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethipas Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:42 pm

well telemachus, you took something i said and flipped the topic around completely. What i was speaking of are triggers that do ACTIONS and play the game for you, ei smoking megillos, sipping certain potions. And you decided to come back with talking about alias's macros and color triggers...I don't really see what your getting at. Other than being a complete fool.

All i was merely saying was Dante relied on a trigger to do something that he was to lazy to make an alias for to do himself. the same way many people go blind again, alot of people dynallca themself and so on

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Catyrial Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Legends has made at least one forum since Guildhouse has broken. For any of you that are interested, here's the site.

http://legendsofavalon.net/
Catyrial
Catyrial
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 46
Whereabouts : Thakria
Registration date : 2007-03-31

http://www.freewebs.com/catyrial/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tauria Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:30 am

Thakrians are also invited to use the legend's Thakrian forums, provided they behave maturely. There is a special section and group for them there. If they become a nuisance, however, they won't be invited to return.

Thakrian website:
http://www.geocities.com/city_of_thakria - there is some good general information, maps and whatnot here as well.

Thakrian forums:
http://thakria.forumer.com - members only. Register with your in game name to be approved, and PM me (my legends name is Narissa), explaining who you are.
Tauria
Tauria
Commoner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum