The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gauge?

+2
Nevaeh
Tauria
6 posters

Go down

Gauge? Empty Gauge?

Post  Tauria Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:13 pm

How active is FA these days? I migrated to Legends (Narissa there, for those who have not had the pleasure) after the grand exodus of all the active gods over to Akanbar, and things were quite rough - like...having 4 people online was considered "not bad."

Salvy tells me that things are picking up a bit, and that you guys have even had a gem quest? What's the average player amount online? Peak active time still around midnight GMT?

Also, what effect are the new changes having on FA? From what I've heard, it's been a rather piecemeal inclusion of whatever Genesis wanted to guineapig on yall, so I expect the combat balance must be a bit odd as a result?

Anyways, would love to hear an update. Tempted to consider hanging around every now and then...
Tauria
Tauria
Commoner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Back to top Go down

Gauge? Empty Re: Gauge?

Post  Nevaeh Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Well. FA is dead right now. I can hardly stand to log in sometimes. I know some god "stuff" has pushed people away, not sure on other reasons it's been slow. Average maybe 5-7? At least lately when I've been on, and that includes novices. It still peaks after midnight GMT, I usually see it busy a few hours after.

As far as changes, I haven't noticed a whole lot yet, I've heard they are still coding stuff in. All the guild men have multiplied like rabbits, especially knights, and they. are. everywhere. Some of the locations got weird messages in them. Not sure what else myself.
Nevaeh
Nevaeh
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 48
Whereabouts : Western United States
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  illeism Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:06 am

the new stuff seems to be bugged, or inaccurate, but some stuff works, like your guild tutor stuff, the enlistment system is broken, some skills too
illeism
illeism
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 pm

I've noticed a flood of NNW lately, and a lot more of them actually sticking around. I myself am not so active as I once was, but I still pop in every now and then. I was really looking forward to some of the new skills they were planning on implementing in farsight, however I have yet to notice any changes.... Still got my hopes up for that though.
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Well, I'll answer here Rissa. It's fairly active, but as with legends there are periods when one city has the advantage of the most players, and consequently tends to be seen as 'dominant'

In firstage currently Parrius has this advantage, with a very weak Thakria, and a middling Mercinae, but in just a rl year of play there, I've seen this bounce back and forth.

In terms of skill changes, we are getting some of them, but not all of them. Mages for example got the echo ritual, and serpent instead of bell, and bards are now allowed to use harmony for 2 man songs. However, there are still alot of differences such as, no phantasm, no melting, no mistdome, no freezing, no dwarfism potion, push taking balance, just to name a few.

Enlistment has picked up a bit now after a fair few bugs, too.

Axel
Peasant

Number of posts : 7
Whereabouts : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysterin Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:12 am

In the past two days it seems as if things have suddenly gotten very busy in terms of activity. I see tons of young Mercinaens and Parrians, but as Axel said, Thakria is definitely lacking...
Mysterin
Mysterin
Baron (Parrius)

Number of posts : 278
Whereabouts : Middle Street, Parrius
Registration date : 2007-03-25

http://www.lizzydavisphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethipas Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:18 am

Mysterin wrote:In the past two days it seems as if things have suddenly gotten very busy in terms of activity. I see tons of young Mercinaens and Parrians, but as Axel said, Thakria is definitely lacking...

sure wish thanatos didn't have it out for me, I never minded being the only thakrian online

TOWER OF DOOOOOM!

fun times, been close to a year now I think

Serethipas
Gentleman/Gentlewoman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tauria Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Hmm, sounds even worse in terms of combat balance, then - and as politics in FA are little more beyond elected positions going to who logs in most and isn't a complete failbot (with a few notable exceptions), and warfare is a lazy 3 hour diversion for the four people who understand it, I suppose there is little in terms of DOING, surely?

Edit: Then again, being whorish with echo rit sounds fun. Perhaps I'll make an appearance.
Tauria
Tauria
Commoner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum