The Forums of Avalon: the First Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Base Rules for Good Settings

2 posters

Go down

Base Rules for Good Settings Empty Base Rules for Good Settings

Post  Dante Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:11 am

Never Trigger anything that Takes Balance or Equilibrium or that you mind going off 1000 times... all triggers can be spammed.

Aliases that may be used in a fight should be 3 letters long. 2 letters is too short and you may forget what it does. 4 letters takes longer to type and more possiblity of striking the wrong key.

Macros (F-Keys etc) should be placed in some sort of order, with the most used keys easiest to press. I have my F-Keys grouped in similar effects, for example if i miss-strike a key, I will heal with tyrlar instead of health potion, or handblock instead of fullparry. Or Splash Poison potion instead of Jab.

Colour Triggers are vital... Colours should be based on the cure, for example, Orange text would be the cue to puff Megillos. Anorexia, Migraine, etc should all be coloured orange therefore you see the colour, cure with megillos without having to read what affliction it is.

Chained avalon macros are sent faster than ones from your client (Sent all at once into Avalon rather than individually) Use avalon macros where ever possible.

Dante
Nobleman/Noblewoman

Number of posts : 120
Whereabouts : England
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Base Rules for Good Settings Empty Re: Base Rules for Good Settings

Post  Gigi Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Dante wrote:Colour Triggers are vital... Colours should be based on the cure, for example, Orange text would be the cue to puff Megillos. Anorexia, Migraine, etc should all be coloured orange therefore you see the colour, cure with megillos without having to read what affliction it is.

Seconded - and for those of you who are almost as slow as I, here's a little help on choosing colors:
http://www.html-color-names.com/color-chart.php
all of these can be used in avalon! Smile

I recommend making triggers of a certain kind change only background colors, and the rest change text colors (i.e. afflictions change background, and triggers belonging to other categories only change text color) - this way you can re-use colors Smile

It's also best to make stringed variables for the highlighted text, and then just applying the actual highlight to the variable!
e.g.
Variable name: kathkusa
Value 1: Your legs are struck by a violent cramp.
Value 2: Your fingers tingle vigorously.

Trigger pattern: {@kathkusa}
Trigger value: #cw textcolor,backgroundcolor

If you don't have all the poisons on you for testing, Catyrial made a nice list of poisons, their messages and their cures here: http://firstagenfo.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/1304958-affliction-messages
You do have to create an account to see it, though.

Hope this helped Smile
Gigi
Gigi
Freeman/Freewoman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down